What is omnichannel marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is an approach to marketing that provides a seamless and consistent customer experience across all channels, including in-store, online, mobile, email, service and social media.
It aims to deliver a single, unified brand experience across all platforms by using consistent messaging to improve the customer experience, and drive retention and loyalty.
What is the difference between omnichannel and multichannel marketing?
Omnichannel marketing is focused on providing a seamless, connected experience across all channels , while multi-channel marketing only focuses on channel-specific experiences. In other words, omnichannel marketing is more customer-focused, unified, and considers the entire customer journey, while multi-channel marketing involves less cohesive communication between different channels.
What are the benefits of omnichannel marketing?
The benefits of omnichannel marketing include:
- 56% of customer-obsessed companies see better customer loyalty and improved retention across the customer lifecycle
- Improved brand visibility and recognition
- More accurate data collection and analysis for better understanding of individual customers’ needs and preferences
- Enhanced customer convenience by providing a seamless experience across all channels
- Higher overall ROI than traditional marketing channels – 62% of marketers say their company’s omnichannel strategy has yielded higher margins for them
Which channels are commonly used in omnichannel marketing?
Omnichannel marketing typically utilizes:
- Digital Ads
- Direct mail
- Contact Center
By creating omnichannel campaigns that engage customers with consistent messaging as they move across touchpoints, marketers can reach customers on their preferred channel and deliver an enjoyable, real-time and consistent brand experience.
What are some examples of omnichannel marketing?
One example of omnichannel marketing is how CUE Clothing was able to bridge the gap between physical and digital retail by integrating customer insights across multiple touchpoints to deliver relevant personalized experiences that convert engagements into sales.
They achieved this by using a host of new initiatives to provide a best-in-class hybrid experience which include:
- Video-based styling platform for personalized styling sessions
- Multichannel wish lists which could be used within marketing programs like “Price Drop,” “Back in Stock” and “New in Stock”
- The ability to sell any product from any location through any touchpoint
Other examples include:
Omnichannel marketing with Emarsys
Emarsys works with leading brands like PUMA, Pizza Hut, and Nike to increase engagement, drive retention and loyalty, and accelerate business outcomes with personalized, omnichannel marketing.