Emarsys Evolution is a global event series that brings together marketers from a range of industries for a unique marketing education experience. The series made its debut earlier this year in Munich, but our first U.S. Emarsys Evolution was last week in Dallas, Texas.
It was a great time, getting together with clients, retailers, and marketers in the Dallas area, and I can honestly say that Emarsys learned just as much from attendees as the attendees did from our speakers.
Predicting the Future
We were also excited to have our CMO and tech fanatic, Allen Nance, discuss the current state of marketing and the vision our company has for its future. The first presentation, “5 MARKETING PREDICTIONS FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS”, highlighted some of the greatest trends and changes marketers and retailers can expect to see in the coming years, and how they should adjust their strategies accordingly.
Machine Learning Changes Marketing
Next, Allen presented on “MACHINE LEARNING + AI: SCALING TRUE PERSONALIZATION – Does Modern Marketing Scale?“ If you weren’t able to attend the event, but you’re dying to know the answer, here are a few key takeaways:
- Humans + Machines: 1 + 1 = 3: Data is your most valuable asset. Machines will empower you to do more with it, by taking on all of the work that a human could never process manually.
- 1:1 Marketing: Machines will help marketers finally deliver on the promise of marketing: truly personal 1:1 customer interactions.
- Machine Learning + AI is Not Scary: We already leverage this power combo in our daily lives.
- Invisible AI Empowering Marketers: The next marketing revolution will come not when we create better algorithms, but when we rethink the marketer’s role and how technology can empower them to do more.
Mature Your Marketing
Lastly, Allen taught the methods to critically assess marketing efforts and results, which allowed attendees to learn from each other, understand the maturity level of their marketing efforts, and identify key actions for improvement.
To get you started on your own assessment… Can you answer WHO, WHAT, WHEN, and HOW?
- WHO: Know the Customer
- WHAT: Know the Conversion Content
- WHEN: Know the Conversion Timing
- HOW: Know the Conversion Channel
A huge shout-out to those who traveled from near and far to attend our inaugural U.S. Emarsys Evolution last week in Dallas. THANK YOU!
To those of you who are reading this and wondering where we will be going next, click here. We can’t wait to meet you!