We’re following suit this year to share several of the most informative, eye-opening pieces of a crazy 2020. Whether for those fireside evenings over the holidays, or those long cross-country flights, here’s 20 posts sure to get you set to take on 2021 with a renewed focus.
Customer Centricity & Marketing Innovation
In 2020, marketers were forced to become customer-centric. We saw a few patterns emerge here: a re-focus on nurturing existing buyers/subscribers, using AI for personalization, and optimizing content/campaigns with tech.
- How to Measure the Value of Your Subscribers (CMI)
- How to Reduce Customer Effort Before it Can Build Up (CustomerThink)
- 13 Email Marketing Mistakes to Avoid for Better Engagement (Orbit Media)
- Top 20 Landing Page Design Examples for 2020 (MarTech Advisor)
- The AI Advantage: How Artificial Intelligence Is Helping Retailers Keep Up with Customers
- How AI Adoption is Revolutionizing Digital Marketing
- How Two-Way Communication Leads to the 1:1 Personalization Your Customers (and Your Brand) Truly Want
- How Top Brand Marketers Unify Data and Break Down Silos to Drive Business Results
Changes to Facebook, Google, iOS, Web Browsers, and Third-Party Cookies
Cookies will be going away into 2021-’22 and as data privacy concerns continue to mount, marketers have begun to realize the potential of owned first-party data.
2020 Lessons & Successes
In the face of one of the most difficult years in memory (and the most innovative decade in history), what trends have emerged — and how have successful brands pivoted?
- How Crocs Devoured 2020 (Forbes)
- The best marketing campaigns of 2020: Part 1 (Marketing Week)
- 10 Years in 1 Day: A Decade in Digital Marketing (DMI)
- The 2021 Digital Communication Trends That Will Boost Your Business (MarTech Zone)
- 4 Trends for Commerce from Mary Meeker’s COVID-19 Internet Trends Report (Shopify)
- 5 Global Speakers Share Cross-Channel Personalization Tips for 2021
Regaining Sales from COVID-19 & Shifting Consumer Behavior
100,000 businesses had to shut their doors due to the pandemic. Here’s how brands are bouncing back and working to earn back those lost dollars as COVID-19 pushes on.
2020 might be described as many things, but we view it as an opportunity. And these 20 articles will help you set a stronger foundation for success as 2021 takes hold.
Handpicked Related Resources: