Marketers know that changes in consumer behavior and global trends are never truly predictable — they aren’t predictable now, with COVID-19 looming as the elephant in the marketing meeting room (or, if you’re like me, Zoom meeting), and they weren’t in non-pandemic times.
However, the savvy brand marketer, with the right data and information, can identify patterns and glean insights that enable them to adapt to these changes, take action, and accelerate business outcomes.
In a recent webinar, Alex Timlin, SVP Verticals, Emarsys, and Matthew Furneaux, Global Commercial Director, Loqate (a GBG Solution), went in-depth and analyzed the recent changes in global trends and consumer behavior impacting retail and e-commerce throughout the world.
Here are five key takeaways these experts shared during the webinar, in their own words:
1. Every region, category, and retailer have been impacted differently
2. Consumers — not businesses — are firmly in control
3. Brands are doubling down on digital to stay connected to customers
4. The boom in digital has permanently expanded the online market
5. To be successful, brands must adapt and respond to the new generations of online shoppers
While the initial threat of COVID-19 slowly (but not completely) begins to wane, stores across the globe are reopening. Although some of the more radical and drastic changes happening in consumer behavior and global trends will begin to balance out, one thing is for sure — retail and e-commerce will never be the same.
To gain an even deeper sense of the true impact of COVID-19 on retail and e-commerce — including a look at the specific businesses and categories most impacted, and where new revenue opportunities exist for your brand — check out the full webinar.
Handpicked Related Content:
- Top Brands Reveal How to Drive Engaging Customer Experiences and Business Results with First-Party Data
- How Retail and E-Commerce Brands are Finding New Opportunities in Their Data Sets (and Driving Business Results)
- Using Data, Marketing Agility, and Omnichannel Personalization to Navigate Trends and Drive Results During COVID-19