British suppliers to the trade industry unifies marketing channels across its online and offline customer databases, using Emarsys AI to deliver a seamless, personalized customer experience
London, UK – 13 September 2018 – Emarsys, the largest independent marketing platform company in the world, announces that Toolstation, one of Britain’s fastest growing retailers of tools, accessories and building supplies, has expanded its partnership with Emarsys to include personalized direct mail and link a highly-effective physical channel to its successful digital marketing strategy. The new deal will see Toolstation use the Emarsys Artificial Intelligence (AI) enabled platform to support its direct mail, email, and SMS marketing strategy – unifying its online and offline customer databases onto one platform to deliver a seamless and personalized cross-channel customer experience.
Toolstation customers can buy online, through a dedicated UK call center, via a mobile website or at over 300 branches across the UK. The multi-channel nature of the business means that customer information is captured both in-store and online, and the company needed to consolidate this data to get a clear, holistic view of its target audience.
Data consolidation is critical to enable a more coordinated and complementary marketing strategy across a range of different channels. Using the recently launched Emarsys Offline Mail, that is provisioned by Emarsys partner optilyz – leading online platform for direct mail automation, Toolstation can also preset and optimize its direct mail marketing as part of wider multi-channel campaigns.
“With all our customer data now in one place, we have a deeper understanding of the level of engagement we’re achieving across various channels, and the different types of campaigns our customers like to see,” said Greg Richardson, Head of Marketing at Toolstation. “Consolidating our data into one platform was always going to be a huge priority for us in a post-GDPR world, and Emarsys – a trusted Toolstation partner for many years – will enable us to be responsible custodians of all the information we hold.”
Toolstation is already using the Emarsys Marketing Platform to deliver personalized customer experiences across multiple channels. This includes Emarsys Automation Center for email and the Emarsys Web Extend to engage with customers on Toolstation.com, as well as the Emarsys Predict product recommendation engine, Smart Insight analytics tool and mobile-responsive Discovery online browsing solution.
Emarsys manages over 350 million daily interactions while analyzing 3.9 billion consumer records and 2.5 million purchase events. It integrates customer intelligence, personalization, predictive recommendations and omni-channel marketing at scale, across all devices and social channels into a single cloud-based marketing platform.
Toolstation is one of Britain’s fastest growing suppliers of tools, accessories and building supplies to the trade, home improvers and self-builders. With a multi-channel offering, Toolstation customers can buy online, at hundreds of branches across the UK, through a dedicated UK call centre or via a mobile website.
- First established in 2003, we are one of the UK’s fastest growing suppliers to the trade. Builders, plumbers, electricians, painters and decorators and all those trades in between – rely on our stock availability and everyday low prices on over 13,000 products selected for them.
- We pride ourselves on making our customers’ work easier by ensuring they can get the right product for the job just when they need it. We do this through over 300 UK branches that are open 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm (Sundays 9am – 4pm) our website and our dedicated UK call centre.
- We offer a Click & Collect service, with products available in branch within just 10 minutes of ordering; and a next business day delivery service on orders up to 8pm Monday – Saturday, and 4pm Sunday.
- Customers can also apply for our Trade Credit Card, provided in association with Barclaycard, which offers an extended interest-free period of up to 116 days.
- Our quick and friendly customer service is award winning. Thanks to our customer satisfaction ratings surveyed by Which? we have been named as top Online Retailer in the DIY & Decorating category for six years running, and top High Street Retailer in the DIY category in both 2017 and 2018, achieving the full five stars for range, products and value for money. In both 2016 and 2017, we were named overall Retailer of the Year by Which? at their awards and shortlisted in 2018.
- Our Head Office is based at Express Park, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 4RN and our website is toolstation.com
Global PR Manager, Emarsys
+44 7810 682198
Analyst Relations Manager, Emarsys
+44 7908 565484