You’ve probably experienced what feels like a whirlwind shift in marketing over the past several years. All brands have.
It’s an evolution spurred forward by advances in marketing technology and sophistication of data. As a marketer, your goal is to take advantage of these changes so you can continue to build trusted, loyal, and lasting customer relationships and accelerate business outcomes for your brand.
Yet, just when it seemed that marketing couldn’t evolve any faster, a global pandemic set in, further altering how retailers and pure play e-tailers must engage customers and drive revenue and growth. Speed-to-market, agility in execution, and a robust digital strategy are essential.
In this webinar, we explored how brands can thrive in these ever-changing conditions by turning their existing data sets into revenue opportunities — quickly. Sometimes it’s better to hear valuable information directly from the sources, so to recap the webinar, here are seven key takeaways, as shared by:
- Alex Timlin, SVP of Verticals, Emarsys
- Ross Williams VP Retail, Emarsys (former Digital Customer Experience and Digital Product Director of N Brown Group & Tesco)
- Carolyn MacKenzie, Managing Director, Forever New
- Lynn Barrett, Chief Digital Officer, National Tiles
1. Marketing has shifted to be more customer-centric
2. Consolidate your customer data
3. Successful implementations are focused on business objectives, not the tech itself
4. Get more out of your customer behavior data by being proactive (not just reactive)
5. Brands benefit by focusing on customer lifecycle opportunities
6. As demand and supply chains fluctuate, massive opportunities lie in your product data
7. Better use of data helps brands be more efficient, agile, and profitable
Watch the full webinar and get all the insights
For businesses to respond in times of economic change or uncertainty, they need to be empowered to discover opportunities for revenue and growth whenever and wherever possible. As we learned in the webinar, brands that can get the most out of their customer, product, and sales data are strongly positioned to find these opportunities (and turn them into business results).
But Alex and Ross offered many more actionable insights throughout the webinar — too many to share in this post. If you’re interested in learning more about how your data sets can be used to accelerate business outcomes for your brand, watch the full webinar here.
Handpicked Related Content: